Celebrating Our 33rd Anniversary 1982-2015
Welcome! The Highland Veterinary Hospital, owned by Dr. John Cunningham, was established in 1982. We have a mission to provide quality services to our clients and their pets in a comfortable and professional environment. Our veterinarians and staff are here to give the best care possible to our clients and to promote animal health and well-being. If you have any questions, please feel free to call our office. We are located at the intersection of Rt. 108 and Rt. 216 in Howard County, MD.
The History Behind the Historic Highland Veterinary Hospital Building
In the mid 1800's, a second Disney Family came to the Highland area. Lillian and Ada Disney, the daughters, took care of their aging parents at their farm on Hall Shop Road. In 1937, they built their own house (now 13405 Clarksville Pike) and lived their until 1992. The sisters ran the Highland Post Office next door at 13401 Clarksville Pike for 37 years. In addition, they operated the store at 13401 and opened a luncheonette (note the large street front windows on Route 108). The original Highland Veterinary Hospital was established there in 1982 where the groom shop is currently located. The sisters rented the second floor to a cousin who operated a Highland Doll Factory. When the Highland Veterinary Hospital relocated to the Disney home, the front porch was closed in, however few other changes have been made to the structure.
hospital, maryland, md, highland, clarksvil, pets, dog, cat, fulton, columbia, olney, animal, animals, veterinarian, cat boarding, laurel, ashton, clinic, pet, sandy spring, H, dayton, laytonsville,
Highland Veterinary Hospital
13405 Clarksville Pike, Highland, MD 20777
Copyright (c) 2015, All Rights Reserved.